Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 3.
Corinna is back and she has a new craft room! The holiday season is drawing near, so this week we discuss our thoughts on gift knitting: the good, the bad, and the unappreciated. In addition to our regular segments, we help Corinna pick her next sweater in "What Should I Make?". And find out why we named this "Squishy Passion."
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you!
Do you like to make gifts for others? How do you decide who is "knit-worthy"? Have you had a bad gifting experience?
Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
- What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
What Should I Make?
This week Corinna is trying to choose between the following two knitting projects:
- Recoleta by Joji Locatelli
- Yarn: Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted in Rosemont
- Mill Wrap by Maria Yarley
- Yarn: Spirited Fibers Fingering in 30 Grey
We recommended that, since Corinna wanted something more challenging than miles of stockinette stitch, she should knit the Recoleta. Plus, the color would be great to wear in the spring!
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
- Dana picked up some Malabrigo Sock in "851 Turner" as her fourth color in the Stephen West 2016 MKAL, Building Blocks. See all of the colors she's planning to use here.
- Kristi won a Yarn Crawl Door Prize at Charlotte Yarn. She also purchased the Quince & Co Lark yarn from there for the Celtic cable beanie.
Kristi was gifted Patons Kroy Socks Stripes from her friend Rebecca
Kristi HAD to have the Sparkle Gradient in Plum Flower from Wendy's Wonders
Kristi also traded her PALKAL Prize Yarn to Dana for Lydia Sock in Light Blue and Purples
- Corinna shared her purchases from the Charlotte Yarn Crawl! She enhanced her stash with yarn from the following Shalimar Yarns Aerie in War and Chocolate and Quince & Co Finch in Birds Egg, Egret and Kumlien's Gull (to knit an Alba beanie) from Charlotte Yarn. She also purchased Schachenmayr Regia 4-fäding sock yarn in parrot from Baskets of Yarn, as well as SW Merino Fingering Freckles in Confetti Western and SW Sock Light Worsted in Azela at The Fibre Studio.
Where We'll Be (Upcoming Events):
- SAFF - Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (10/28/2016 - 10/30/2016)
Where You Can Find Us:
We can be found on Ravelry and would love to hear from you! We would love for you to join the podcast group, if you haven't already.
Our Ravelry group is The Crafty Hive Podcast