Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 6.
This week Dana and Kristi are announcing the winner of the Shalimar Yarn giveaway! WOOHOO! We'll also be discussing our WIPs and FOs and any holiday gift making we might be doing (or planning to do!).
Dana set a lofty goal of finishing four WIPs before recording the next episode. Hopefully that helps keep things on track! Kristi will be periodically harassing Dana with text messages to keep her on track.
As a topical experiment for this episode, Dana and Kristi decided to dye sock blanks! We'll talk about our "plans" and some lessons learned, but all in all it was a fun crafty experiment.
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Have you ever tried to dye yarn? Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
Blackberry Bramble Cowl
Pattern: Blackberry Bramble by Thea Colman
Yarn: Madeleine Tosh Vintage in "Graphite" and "Begonia"
Check out this video for info on knitting Portuguese style and this video for knitting color work using the Portuguese method.
5th Avenue Infinity Scarf
Pattern: 5th Avenue Infinity Scarf by Margaux Hufnagel
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky in "597"
What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
- Dana picked up Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool in "79 Thundercloud" and "109 Medium Gray", specifically to knit the Mountain Range sweater by Natalie Meredith (check out her other awesome sweaters!). Some Zitron Trekking XXL in "500 Pinks" made its way home with her as well.
- Kristi received her order of Birch Fire from Witch Candy Yarn. This yarn is magical.
Kristi also picked up a sweater quantity of Araucania Huasco and a couple skeins of Noro Taiyo Sport from Baskets of Yarn during their retirement sale.
Sheena at Casual Fashion Queen has a youtube podcast and hosted a Halloween Craftalong. Kristi won this gorgeous skein of yarn and ordered a second one because it's PERFECT for the Maple Leaf Shawl Kristi is in love with.
- Kristi is VERY excited that she got her handspun from Dana as a payback for buying lunch on the yarn crawl. It's BEAUTIFUL!
- Kristi would like to give a few special shoutouts for some gifts she received!
- Cassie who is 58r8nity on Ravelry gifted her the On the Spice Market pattern by Melanie Berg as part of the Gift 1 Get 1 #knitterspayitforward movement. Thanks Cassie!
- Kristi received a random act of pattern kindness on her birthday from Tiffany who is TheProjectBag on Ravelry. Tiffany was looking through projects for the faerie's firelight pattern and saw the birthday icon next to Kristi's name. She went to Kristi's wishlist and gifted her the Razzle shawl pattern. Thank you for the kindness Tiffany!
- Amanda also known as mrsahunter86 on Ravelry sent Kristi the Venti pattern as a birthday gift. This is another beauty from her wishlist. Thank you Amanda!
Where We'll Be (Upcoming Events):
Where You Can Find Us:
We can be found on Ravelry and would love to hear from you! We would love for you to join the podcast group, if you haven't already.
Our Ravelry group is The Crafty Hive Podcast