Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 8.
This week we talk about our experiences with sewing and quilting, as well as what we'd like to explore in the future. We have our regular segments as well.
We're very excited to announce our first KAL! We will be kicking off the Winter Crafting KAL on January 15 and it will end on March 15. We currently have one prize for the KAL, and we will be working to have more prizes available as well. Prizes will be announced later. The general guidelines for the KAL are as follows:
- Enter projects that you associate with winter
- Must be a member of the group to enter
- Must be a fiber arts craft (knit, crochet, sew, quilt, stitch, spin, weave, etc)
- Must be a substantial project (i.e. at least 100 grams for knitting/crochet projects)
- Must include a photo of finished object with entry
- Multiple entries allowed
- WIPs can be entered, as long as it is done by March 15.
We hope you join us for the KAL, we would love to see what you're working on!
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Do you like to sew? What are your favorite things to make with needle and thread? Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
You've Got Mail!
Yarn: James C. Brett Marble Chunky in "41 MC"
Bird Ornaments for my family
Pattern: Snow Bird by mmmCrafts (Etsy)
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
- Kristi bought pretty yarn and fiber from A Good Yarn, Sarasota while in Florida for Christmas.
Kristi bought this lovely yarn from Queen City Yarn and Neighborhood Fiber Co at Baskets of Yarn for the Ashburn shawl by Melanie Berg.
Kristi bought this great Christmas yarn and sock blank from LittleBean Crochet and Yarn Over New York.
Kristi received this wonderful gradient from Wendy's Wonders in her FYC Christmas Swap gift from Sarah.
Kristi also received this really pretty skein of Heartland Hues from her mom for Christmas
- Dana picked up some Paton's Kroy Sock in "Cadet Colors" while she was buying supplies for Christmas gifts.
Where We'll Be (Upcoming Events):
Pints & Purls Charlotte, Free Range Brewing, Thursday January 5, 2017.
Where You Can Find Us:
We can be found on Ravelry and would love to hear from you! We would love for you to join the podcast group, if you haven't already.
Our Ravelry group is The Crafty Hive Podcast