Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 16.
This week Dana and Kristi are discussing Kristi's epic gluttony and good fortune since we recorded 4 weeks ago. Kristi also wants to talk about The Yarn Shop at Alma Park, which she discovered on a trip to her home state of NJ. We'll also be catching up on our regular segments for WIPs, FOs, and Stash Enhancements.
Don't forget to take advantage of the generous coupon code from Silly Sheep Designs. Our listeners can get 10% off any purchase of $10 or more with the code thecraftyhive. Thanks Wanda!
Remember, we are hosting a giveaway of the Lil Miss Chelsea Bean Shawl pattern by Jenn Sheelen! There are just 2 weeks left to enter to win this pretty shawl pattern. Head over to the giveaway thread in our Ravelry Group, and follow the prompt for your chance to win this lovely pattern. We'll be drawing for a winner at random the next time we record. Thanks Jenn!
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
Kristi made her herself and her mom a set of silk knotted mala beads. She used tutorials on YouTube to learn the method.
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
IN KRISTI'S DEFENSE...it's been 4 weeks since we last recorded and there have not only been a few purchases, but there have also been swaps and gifts contributing to the following gluttony. (Dana: LOLOLOLOLOLOL)
- Kristi received her custom order of a Stranger Things project bag and stitch markers (pictures below) from Jennifer at Otterly Adorable Knits. She also purchased a speckled and bright rainbow mini skein set from Antionette and Anna at Black Cat Fibers. Kristi is on a bit of a rainbow kick and got this great gradient from Kim at Kim Dyes Yarn.
- Kristi made some awesome purchases of souvenir yarn at the Yarn Shop at Alma Park on her trip to NJ. She got some gorgeous spinning fiber and some lovely yarn dyed by Rose or milled from her alpaca's fiber.
- Kristi stopped by to check out the Queen City Yarn trunk show at Baskets of Yarn and made a few purchases. She picked up a skein of Noda sock to go with 2 skeins she had in her stash to make a nice 3 color shawl TBD. She also grabbed 2 skeins of Tyvola tweed in the Meteor Shower colorway because space.
- Kristi got a few happy mail gifts from her awesome friend Jenny. She sent her a tiny Ouija Board knitting needle gauge from Retromantic Fripperies. She also sent a dorito bag notions pouch to commemorate their first friendship "disagreement" #coolranchislife Jenny also stalked Kristi's etsy favorites and sent her nail armor (NSFW pic below) from Raven Eve Jewelry.
- Kristi was also in a color themed spring envelope swap from one of her Ravelry groups. It included several beautiful batts and yarn dyed by Lauren of 57 Chapters, some Wonder Woman fat quarters, treats for Daisy, stitch markers by Ridiculously Cute, tea, pens. It was a great swap!
- In the Persimmon swap group Kristi participates in, there is an ongoing, up for grabs type swap. Kristi scored a beautiful project bag and matching lavender sachet. Her awesome swapper also included some healthy fruit snacks and DINO FABRIC!!
- Dana picked up a cheeky skein of Junkyarn Smooth Sock in the "Queen Anne" coloway, from Charlotte Yarn.
- Dana got a few goodies from Michaels, including a Dimensions embroidery kit with a quote from Oscar Wilde.
- Dana was blessed by the yarn gods and her dear friend Paige in the form a of a literal trunk load of free yarn, which she will be sharing with local friends and donating (and keeping some for herself, obviously :P)
Where We'll Be (Upcoming Events):
Pints and Purls at Old Mecklenburg Brewery, Charlotte, NC Thursday 05/18/2017
Pints and Purls at Heist, Charlotte, NC Thursday 06/01/2017
Where You Can Find Us:
We can be found on Ravelry and would love to hear from you! We would love for you to join the podcast group, if you haven't already.