Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 20.
Our hot topic for this episode is Swaps! We'll be talking about swap etiquette and discussing some of our experiences with Swaps. As usual, we'll be catching up on our regular segments for WIPs, FOs, and Stash Enhancements, too.
Don't forget to take advantage of the generous coupon code from Silly Sheep Designs. Our listeners can get 10% off any purchase of $10 or more with the code thecraftyhive. Thanks Wanda!
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
Star Night Socks
Yarn: Regia Design Line by Arne & Carlos in "3653 Star Night"
Westward Ho! Fade
Patter: Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry
Yarn (from light to dark):
- Done Roving Yarn Frolicking Feet in "Sea Lavender"
- Mrs Crosby Hat Box in "Barn Swallow"
- Hey Lady Hey Classic Sock in "Sally"
- Becoming Art Cielo Fingering in "Twilight"
- Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply in "Diva"
- Malabrigo Sock in "870 Candombe"
What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
- Dana doesn't have any new stash this week, but she did win a tote bag from Foothill Fiberarts in Statesville, NC while on the 2017 Charlotte Area Yarn Crawl! Yay for finding the alpaca!
- Arnie and Carlos book "55 Christmas balls to knit".
- Kristi also received her "Out of this World" kit featuring fun space themed goodies from Adella's Crochet Cottage, Otterly Adorable Knits, and Ridiculously Cute.
- Kristi got a skein of Plymouth Yarn Stiletto as a prize from the Whatever-along.
- Kristi took a day trip out to Boulder and visited 2 yarn shops. She got a Skein of The Hummingbird Moon Sock yarn and a delightful cross stitch pattern by Nimue Fee Main at Gypsy Wools. Kristi also picked up a skein of Regia Pairfect at Shuttles, Spindles, & Skeins.
- Kristi also won a gorgeous skein of sparkly Littlebean Crochet yarn from Candy at the Paws4Stitches Podcast. Kristi is a complete slacker and has not yet taken a picture for her stash, but believe me it's a beauty!
Kristi participated in a Smash the Patriarchy swap in a Ravelry group. The goal was to make 3 things for your recipient which celebrate the awesome woman she is. They should be a large complex thing, a medium sized thing, and a small thing which could be purchased. Kristi got an awesome swap package based on one of Kristi's feminist hero's Rachel Maddow. Her gifter made her a STUNNING rainbow shlanket based on the find your fade pattern. She also made a dishtowel with a cross stitch of Rachel's signature glasses and bought her a Keep Calm and Watch Rachel mug.
The other swap Kristi participated in was from a FB group in which the point was to get local treats both fiber/yarn related and otherwise. Kristi's gifter was Monica Thoune from Up North Yarns. All of Kristi's Treats are pictured below. In addition to many fun goodies, Monica dyed up special yarns just for Kristi to match her likes. ~swoon~