Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 25.
Happy New Year! On this episode, Dana and Kristi will be recapping some 2017 goals and discussing crafty plans for 2018. We're also catching up on our regular segments for WIPs, FOs, and Stash Enhancements.
Don't forget to take advantage of the generous coupon code from Silly Sheep Designs. Our listeners can get 10% off any purchase of $10 or more with the code thecraftyhive. Thanks Wanda!
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
2018 Craft Goals
- Knit 12,000 yards
- Sew 4 quilts
- Finish 4 medium to large embroidery projects (includes cross stitch)
- Weave 4 items
- Get a spinning wheel (yay!)
- Spin 8 projects
- Make gifts for new niece/nephew
- Kristi (all are extensions of 2017 goals)
- Continue working towards WIP completion, especially for items started prior to 2017
- Continue to knit bigger and more complicated items, ideally cardigans and sweaters
- Continue to knit and gift from stash whenever possible
- Practice spinning more consistently, particularly on the wheel
- Obtain replacement sewing machine and work toward garment sewing
- Knit more selfishly by not joining any new swaps in 2018 and greatly reducing the number of people to knit for as gifts for 2018
2017 Craft Stats
- Completed Items: 36
- Gifts: 17
- Donations: 12
- Selfish: 7
- Yardage: >6100
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
2 Shamballa bracelets for Eddie's sons to match the Mala beads made for their girlfriends
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
- Kristi got a couple of lovely skeins and an awesome sugar skull project bag from her friend Jenny for Christmas. Kristi also received a Molly Klein Design project bag that was a prize she won last Christmas on a Ravelry Group. Kristi's mom gave her an awesome Toad Hollow Project bag and 2 Dryer Lint batts from The Yarn Shop at Alma Park.