Welcome back! Thanks for joining us for Episode 29.
In this episode, Dana and Kristi are drooling over Dana's fabulous haul from Carolina Fiber Fest. We're also catching up on life, WIPs, & FOs.
All of our show notes are given below, with information and links to what we discussed in this episode. Let us know if you can't find any information you need.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Is there a topic you would like us to discuss next? Are there any excellent tips or items we should check out? Please feel free to leave a comment, contact us on Ravelry (either by message or in the group), or drop us a note through the Contact page.
We hope you enjoy the episode. Please stay tuned for more crafty goodness, coming to your earbuds soon!
What We're Working On (a.k.a. WIPs):
Pattern: 3 Color Cashmere Cowl by Joji Locatelli
Yarn: The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For Cashmere Silk in "Red hot mama", "Dark and Stormy", & "Silver Linings"
Pattern: Building Blocks Shawl by Stephen West
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Sock in "851 Turner", Hedgehog Fibres Sock in "Sorry Not Sorry", Dizzy Blonde Studios Dizzy Color in "Snot Monster", Hedgehog Fibres Sock in "Silence"
Gift for Kristi (shhhhh!)
What We've Finished (a.k.a. FOs):
- Nada! Study time is the worst time :(
What We Couldn't Resist (a.k.a. Stash Enhancement):
- Dana went to the Carolina Fiber Fest in Apex, NC for the first time ever and had a grand ole time!
- At the Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For booth, she picked up lots of lovelies, including: two braids of the Not Yet Sox base (a gray with multi colored speckles and a lovely variegated), four skeins of Studio Sox for the Your Slip is Showing shawl (color ways "Harvest", "Plumtastic", "Teal", "Painted Elephant"), a skein of Studio Sox in "Boho Chic", and a travel mug with the Fibre Studio logo because it's her fave.
- Two lovely skeins at new-to-her Hauteknit Yarn, both on the Jimmy Sock base (in color ways "Carolina Fiber Fest 2018" and "Mossy Forest").
- From Cozy Color Works, two skeins of Worsted SW Merino in "Painted Desert"
- From Unplanned Peacock Studio, a skein of Peacock Sock in "Tide Pool" (which she has been lusting after since SAFF 2016)
- From Cottontail Farm, a giant sweater-sized project bag in a lovely woodland print
- From a favorite bag maker SewFlow, a drawstring bag with a cats & books print, a panda and buns pencil pouch, a hedgehog drawstring bag, a Rugrats notions pouch, and some lovely Japanese stickers featuring cats, bunnies, and chickens.
- From another favorite Twist Fiber Studio, a sushi print project bag, a skein of Fairview Fingering in "Mother of Purl", and a skein of Broadway Fingering in "Funfetti".
- From Checkmate Farm, Dana found a new craft to dive into - rug hooking! She got a small kit featuring a sheep to learn on, and then kitted up a larger project featuring a lovely hand drawn pattern by Woolly Worms Rugs with bees! She some tools including a punch needle (very necessary), a frame (pretty necessary), and a Rug Yarn Gauge (not as necessary but very useful!).
- Dana also visited Downtown Knits while in Apex and found lots of things calling her name, including:
- A Kelbourne Woolens black tote bag with a golden Kraken
- A Klum House Oberlin tote bag kit
- Two garment patterns, April Rhodes' The Riding Peplum & Party Dress and Sew Liberated's The Clara Dress
- A Blue Sky Fibers 21 Colors Mitts Kit (which she has wanted since she first saw it at Black Mountain last fall)
- Two balls of Havirland Pax Sock in color ways "Love Luna" and "That Sweater I Couldn't Afford"
- Two skeins of Qing Fibre Merino Fingering in "Monsoon" and "Nest"
- Some Harney & Sons Paris tea
- Two Wax and Wool candles in scents "Cedarwood Vanilla" and "Amber Noir"
- To top it all off, Dana got three skeins of Sirius Sock in "Space Predator" from Silly Sheep Designs. This color way may be her soul dyed onto sparkle yarn.
- Kristi used a credit from the Loopy Ewe to get 2 skeins of Seven Sisters Arts to pair with her More than Monochrome mini Skein set from Black Cat Fibers. She'll use these to make the Buccaneer shawl by Justyna Lorkowska. Kristi also picked up a copy of Knit to Flatter to add to her knitting library.
Where We'll Be (Upcoming Events):
Kristi will be attending the Interweave Yarn Fest in Loveland, Colorado 4/14-4/15
Where You Can Find Us:
We can be found on Ravelry and would love to hear from you! We would love for you to join the podcast group, if you haven't already.